Since this was a long weekend and the weather was great I spent a good bit of time working on my yard. The only problem here is that it’s still a nice day so instead of writing much I’m going to finish vacuuming up all the dirt I tracked in and go read outside for a while.
I re-edged the flowerbed by the fence in brick, despite the best efforts of the lilac to block me. For that matter, the lilac was the reason the old edging was coming up since the lilac was growing sprouts on both sides of it pushing it out of the way.
This is Talore pretending that she’s not over in that corner so she can try to jump the 6 ft fence to the neighbor’s yard. And of course the camera focused on the pile of bricks, oh well. I never got a picture of her preparing to jump because the only reason she didn’t was that every time I saw her going for it I got up to go stop her.
Talore kept trying to jump the fences – either one would do. At least she’s hit the end of her leash enough times that she’s very cautious about jumping when she’s got the harness on so I have time to catch her. Also, both cats were really interested when I had the gate open – they kept trying to sneak past me.
You could almost be forgiven for thinking I know what I’m doing with how well it turned out. Though now that I look at the picture closer it doesn’t look level, I may have to go back out with more gravel to fill in the right side.
I still need to clean up around the path so I can finish the edges of it – the flowerbed by the fence will be shortened at some point, then I’ll put in a landscaping stone to keep the path edged in and to support the retaining edge of that flowerbed. I also need to figure out what I’m doing with the big flowerbed. I’m tempted to cut it off as far as I edged it since there’s so much gravel in that edge of it, but that’ll be another weekend.